Friday, July 16, 2010

Tim Shafer backs down from his "Prick' remarks


Shafer retreates from his "Prick" remark for bobby Kotick,

Having called Activision CEO Bobby Kotick a "Total prick" yesterday, and no doubt witness the Activision's response, Double Fine boss Tim Schafer has now claimed the comment was an “accident.” Oh, Tim.

“That was an accident,” he told Eurogamer today, speaking at Develop in Brighton. “I was going to change the title of my talk to ‘how to give interviews and remember to check the microphone is off.’

“I need to keep my mouth shut,” he said. “It is shocking how you really burn bridges in the industry. You start your own company and you don’t have to work for that jerky boss any more. Not naming names.

“Then it’s like Empire Strikes Back – you walk in the room and, ‘Holy shit Darth Vader’s at the table.’ It’s such a small industry, you see the same people over and over again. No-one ever goes away.”

Schafer refused to elaborate on why he said what he said.

“I’m definitely not saying anything about Bobby,” he said. “After that Eurogamer thing I realised I’m a little nervous about what I want to say.”


No comments:

Post a Comment