Monday, July 19, 2010

Blur 'the start of a big franchise', says Bizarre



Nick Davies has said that Blur is still a massive deal for the studio.

The racer launched back in May for 360, PS3 and PC,debuted in the UK charts at number 14 but didn’t fare very well: it, while it also showed low NPD sales for the month of May in the US.

When asked about the figures, Davies said: “To be honest with you, I think it was a very busy time for racing games,” referring to the releases of Split/Second and ModNation Racers during the same period.

“It rates incredibly highly and it’s a very popular game, and I think it’s going to be a slow-burner.

“I think the multiplayer will stay for a long time and I think people will come back to that time and time again, long after some of the other games have gone back to the second-hand shelf.”

Davies told the site it has signified “the start of a big franchise for Bizarre,” with a plan in place for a Blur 2.

“That’s the plan, yeah,” Davies said when asked on a sequel. “I don’t work on the Blur team specifically so I can’t speak for them, but it’s always been the plan to make the number one racing franchise. That’s as much as I can say!”

No comments:

Post a Comment